Now that summer is here and the weather has gotten warm, it’s a perfect time to streamline our beauty regimes. Looking fabulous with a minimal amount of skincare and make-up is easy so let’s take a look at how we can streamline our summer beauty routines down to 3 or 4 steps.
Skin Care- Skincare is really important in the summer when our sun exposure is increased but we can keep it simple by using:
- Cleanser- It is so important to remove your make-up and if you don’t wear make-up to clean your face nightly. Use a cleanser that works for your skin type.
- Nighttime moisturizer- After cleaning your face, it is imperative to moisturize. (Keep in mind that dry skin and sun damage shows up as wrinkles and fine lines.) With the new technology in today’s creams like retinol, glycolic acid, botanicals and oil-free moisturizers, nightly use can give you amazing results for younger looking skin.
- Weekly Facial Scrub- Use a scrub once a week to keep your skin looking fresh and revitalized. (Remember to moisturize after the scrub and don’t forget your neck)
(Try: St. Ives Mineral Therapy Body Polish)
- Moisturizer- With an SPF (after cleansing your face first, of course.) Mix with a little foundation to make it a tinted moisturizer.
- Blush or bronzer- Create a warm and sculpted face with blush or give your entire face and neck a warm-up with a bronzer.
- Mascara- Apply a coat or 2 of mascara to open up your eyes
(Try: Maybelline’s XXL Pro Volume Washable)
- Lip gloss- Use your favorite gloss or lip tint to complete your daytime look.
Add- A dab of concealer under the eye and on any discoloration can be used if necessary.
- Shampoo- Use a formulation designed for your hair type.
- Leave-in Conditioner- Skip the conditioner step by just using a leave-in conditioner. And many leave-ins work as a styling agent, too. (For example, the leave-in for curly hair can eliminate frizz and define the curl….just add a little more.)
(Try: Sebastian Potion 9 wearable styling treatment)
- Shower Gel Scrub- Keep your skin radiant and dry skin at bay by using a shower gel scrub.
(Try: Orgins Gloomaway Grapefruit body-buffing cleanser)
- Moisturize- Use a moisturizer with an SPF for daytime protection. If you are spending time in the direct sun, you can add more as needed.